× Members

PIP form deadline

More
9 years 3 months ago #127982 by Feelinghopeless
PIP form deadline was created by Feelinghopeless
I phoned DWP in December to start my claim and the lady reassured me that as I had been hospitalised due to depression and also because I suffer with psychosis and also because of the postal delays due to Christmas post and bank holidays, that I would be given more time to complete my form. The form arrived on Christmas Eve and had to be returned by 15 January (ruined my Xmas and new year).

I then received a letter dated 3 Jan to say that if they didn't get my form by 15 I would lose my current DLA and any other benefits. I was still trying to finish it at 4am on Sunday and couldn't sleep with worry. My husband took the form to post office yesterday and paid for it to be sent by next day delivery and has kept the receipts. It has to be in by Thursday. I know that it could take a while to get to the correct department (sent it to address given) and get logged on system and I dare not ask for an extension because it will delay matters.

Does anyone know if 'by' Thursday means before Thursday or by noon on Thursday or close of working day or what? Really panicking.

Thank yoy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127983 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP form deadline
Hi MC,

As long as your form has been received by DWP by the end of Thursday, you should be OK.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelinghopeless

More
9 years 3 months ago #127994 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic PIP form deadline
Hi
Just saw this post and my mom had similar Christmas post rushed to fill in and sending recorded.She phoned up to explain and was told they actually give another 7 to 10 days to get through their internal post so wouldnt worry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelinghopeless

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.