× Members

Please offer advice

• Helpless10
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128000 by Helpless10
Please offer advice was created by Helpless10
:( I have just got a letter awarding me standard mobility ( which I'm fairly happy with ish) but no points for the mobility award. I had my assessment a week ago so it's all been very quick , and on the day I had one of my turns ( shakes anxiety attack migraine and confusion) so much so I got lost and was ten mins late and was phoning every few mins to explain and try and find the building. My 20 yr old daughter in law drove me and assisted me . On being asked can I use a sat nav I replied I can't go out on my own in the car as I get lost/confused more so when it's a new place. She replied she knew that but could I use a sta nav and I said yes I can use a sat nav. My 0 points is because it says I can plan and follow a journey unaided , when I believe it should be a 10 cannot do journey without help and along with the 4 points for moving around I would have got the enhanced mobility rather than no mobility. I'm totally deverstated as was banking more on the blue badge than the extra money to be honest. I spoke to the dwp today and the man said I need to write in, and also that I could lose my whole claim when they look at my award. This has scared me totally and I can't go through this, but I have been reading that you can actually have a chat with the dm first before you go any further and after that it can be overturned and then if not you write for an appeal. Can anybody shed any light on this and aid me in making a descion . I would be so grateful my anxiety levels have gone through the roof and I know I won't be able to sleep. Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128003 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please offer advice
ZL

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It may be possible for you to speak to the DM without you having to ask for the Decision to be looked at again, but I have to warn you that our experience on the forum is that this is now rarely happening and even when promised by the call centre staff, no actual call is made.

If you do challenge the Decision then the DWP can extend the review to the whole claim, although it is rare that they do, one of the things you should look at before making a decision on this is how strong your Daily Living award is, if you only received the 8 points required for a Standard award then you might want to be more circumspect than if you scored 10 or 11 points.

Under normal circumstances you only have one month from the date of the Decision Letter to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, the first stage to challenging the Decision, so whilst you can see if the Decision Maker will speak to you should be careful not to let this prevent you requesting an MR if you want to go down that route.

Our PIP MR and Appeal guide is on the following link and will explain the process in more detail.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You might want to also have a look at our PIP Claim guides (same link), I feel (on the limited information you have posted), that you may be under estimating the requirements to score 10 points for the Going Out Descriptor!

If you have any further questions, please reply to this post (which you may want to bookmark in your browser) and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helpless10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.