× Members

PIP Decision and Challenge

• Rick Powell
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #128012 by Rick Powell
PIP Decision and Challenge was created by Rick Powell
Hi all,
Never used this forum before which I had .
I have just had a PIP assessment and scored 2 points over all, I want to appeal the decision.
My biggest bug bear was that it seems anything I have said hasn't been put down as if the assessor was just making it up, I am a medical proffesional by trade so I'm reporting the assessor to their proffesional body for fraudulent medical not taking.

I'm a below knee amputee I can't always wear my prosthetic and didn't attend with it on, my letter states she saw me walk more than 50 meters well with one leg walking is a bit tricky, with nerve and bone damage to my other leg and a frozen shoulder or RSI injury which I had from my injury in Iraq .

What I want to know any good advice on how to proceed with getting them to look at the award again.
Thanks
Rick
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #128025 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Decision and Challenge
Hi and Welcome to Benefits and Work

It seems that your username is your real name. If you wish to change this, in order to maintain a degree of anonymity, you can do so easily by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As the PIP decision was not in your favour, your only recourse at this stage is to request a 'Mandatory reconsideration' (MR).If this goes against you, you will be able to proceed to an appeal tribunal. I'm afraid that PIP will not be paid during this time.

Mandatory Reconsiderations

I suggest you have a good look at our PIP guide as this will give you an idea of where you should have scored points, you can then use this information for your MR.

PIP help for claimants

You could actually reapply for PIP, using our guide to give you the best chance of success. However, this would limit the result of any tribunal (so, if the tribunal found in your favour but the new claim did not, the tribunal result would only be effective until the date of the new decision). Of course, you could go through the appeal process again but many people prefer to wait and see how the initial claim pans out.

If/when you have any further questions, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find this easily in future if you make it a favourite/bookmark it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.