× Members

ESA - Removed from the reassessment process

• Hyperlocks
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #128202 by Hyperlocks
I received my ESA form last September regarding transferring from SDA to ESA.

I received the brown envelope yesterday informing me that my circumstances had changed 'As you are now within 12 months of state pension age you have been removed from the reassessment process - You do not need to do anything further'

Although this is brilliant news, I have a couple of concerns:

Will I stay on SDA or be transferred to ESA?

Also, I am due my state pension from November 2016 which is 1 year and 10 months away so am concerned whether this is correct?

Any advice will be most welcome - TIA
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #128231 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - Removed from the reassessment process
Hyperlocks

Yours is the first time that we have seen such a letter.

There is nothing that I am aware of in the ESA legislation that allows the DWP to remove a claimant from the transfer process, however this does not stop them putting a claimant a the back of the "queue" so that they miss the transfer window.

I am afraid you will need to contact the DWP for more information as to what this letter means as we cannot at this point offer any advice, if you are able, we would be grateful if you could let us know the result, in case other members receive a similar letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hyperlocks

More
9 years 4 months ago #128288 by Basho
Hyperlocks - Like you I am due my state pension from November 2016 and become 63 in May of that year. Obviously can't wait to get there but though our credentials seem the same, I haven't had any letter like yours... will follow this with interest.

Basho

More
9 years 4 months ago #128309 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic ESA - Removed from the reassessment process
This is interesting. I am on ESA SG and my 2 yr award is due to end in March this year. I am due my state pension in Jan 2016 so I'm hoping that I will not be called for reassessment. I expected to be sent an ESA50 ( or whatever it is now) and have half accepted that I may not fill it in. I don't think I could cope with a wrong decision and another (3rd) tribunal. I have been putting a little money away for the past few months to enable me to get through to next January. Hope that I too might get a similar letter and they leave me alone. Fingers crossed.

More
9 years 4 months ago #128322 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - Removed from the reassessment process
Katykat

I am afraid that your circumstances are very different from the original poster, they have not yet been transferred to ESA and the letter seems to imply that this will not now happen and they will remain on the current benefit, you are already receiving ESA.

It is possible that the DWP will decide not to re-assess you before you reach State Retirement Age, however if they do then you will have no choice but to participate in the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.