× Members

Pip phone call enquiry.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #128274 by Noodles
Pip phone call enquiry. was created by Noodles
I'm starting our October transfer from DLA to PIP. I know the first process is me making a phone call on Hubby's behalf due to his Alzhiemers and inability to answer questions properly now. Despite looking,I cannot see what I am after so...Could someone point me in the right direction please as to what questions will be asked,or post a link for said information ?

Keep up the good work.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #128277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip phone call enquiry.
Noodles

I assume you mean that you are preparing for the transfer, if your husband's DLA award ends in October then I would not expect you to receive an invitation to claim PIP until about April. I also assume that you have checked that you are in an active PIP postcode.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

The claim process including the initial phone call is documented in our PIP Claim guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 4 months ago #128278 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Pip phone call enquiry.
Hi Gordon,

My husband has an indefinite award for his DLA,I assumed it was October slightly before when the changeover process could begin this year ?

Sorry for the confusion,having a bad day.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #128279 by
Replied by on topic Pip phone call enquiry.

Noodles wrote: I'm starting our October transfer from DLA to PIP. I know the first process is me making a phone call on Hubby's behalf due to his Alzhiemers and inability to answer questions properly now. Despite looking,I cannot see what I am after so...Could someone point me in the right direction please as to what questions will be asked,or post a link for said information ?

Keep up the good work.

Hi N,

You do not have to do anything to initiate your hubby's "invitation" to be transferred over to PIP from DLA.

You will receive the "invitation" through the post, and will then have to comply with the instructions that you are given.

If you instigate/contact The DWP before his invitation is sent out, it may be treated as you reporting a Change in Circumstances, and if you are in a live PIP area, he may be assessed under PIP criteria before it is mandatory.

For indefinite awards of DLA they state that invitations to claim PIP will be sent out "sometime after October 2015" running until 2018.

So it could be "anytime" after October 2015.

You do not have to instigate the transfer yourself.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago #128280 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip phone call enquiry.
Noodles

It's not a problem, if your husband has an indefinite award then the current plans, they may change after the election, are to transfer claimants from October 2015, but this process will take many years, the process will select claimants at random so whilst it is possible that your husband might be selected in October it's also possible that it will not be until 2018 or even later, if the current progress is anything to go on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noodles

More
9 years 4 months ago #128282 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Pip phone call enquiry.
Oh I see,so October is NOT a definite date then for Indefinite awards but it could be if hubby's name gets picked early. I would assume this is another DWP backlog thing.

Time to relax again but will continue to do some paper work on various descriptors on behalf of hubby while I can over the coming months.

Thank you all very much once again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris