× Members

ESA 3 ?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128512 by Den
ESA 3 ? was created by Den
I have been on Incapacity and DLA since 1989 with spine problems, I was moved to ESA WRAG last year after the usual rigmarole, I was not informed that this would only last for 365 days until a dreaded brown envelope landed on the mat, I phoned the number on the letter to question this and to say the person I spoke to was unhelpful would be an understatement, I was told my money stops and thats it, I asked if there were any leaflets on how I could claim any money and I have been sent an esa 3, I am at a total loss how to fill this in as I havent had a sick note since 1989, Is this esa 3 the right form I need to fill in ? I dont handle stress very well, I have emphysema, I reach retirement age 3 months after my money is due to stop and my DLA that was awarded for life is due to be reviewed when I'm 65, Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128564 by
Replied by on topic ESA 3 ?

Den wrote: I have been on Incapacity and DLA since 1989 with spine problems, I was moved to ESA WRAG last year after the usual rigmarole, I was not informed that this would only last for 365 days until a dreaded brown envelope landed on the mat, I phoned the number on the letter to question this and to say the person I spoke to was unhelpful would be an understatement, I was told my money stops and thats it, I asked if there were any leaflets on how I could claim any money and I have been sent an esa 3, I am at a total loss how to fill this in as I havent had a sick note since 1989, Is this esa 3 the right form I need to fill in ? I dont handle stress very well, I have emphysema, I reach retirement age 3 months after my money is due to stop and my DLA that was awarded for life is due to be reviewed when I'm 65, Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Hi D,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You will not be the first who has been placed into The WRAG in receipt of Contribution Based (CB) ESA, but were unaware of : The 12 Month Limit for ESA(CB).

An ESA3 Form is used to assess your financial and personal details to see whether you qualify for payment of Income Related (IR) ESA once you have exhausted your entitlement to payment of CB ESA in The WRAG.

Here is a : Sample ESA 3 Form , there is a more current version of this which is much the same.

See also :

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

&

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

If you cannot pass the means test for payment of IR ESA, your payments of CB ESA will cease, and you will receive NI Credits (Stamps) only which will go towards your State Pension.

If you are not entitled to IR ESA payments as above, the only other ways that you would be paid CB ESA once more are if :

You can show that there has been a deterioration/change in your condition and your resulting limitations to such an extent that you qualify for The Support Group. (SG)

This being the case you would have to report a Change in Circumstances (C in C) and request a Supersession/Review of The WRAG award.

Or

As the result of a future periodic reassessment you are placed into The SG

Or

You gain the necessary NI Contributions from employment.

Another option would be to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the original adverse WRAG award.

However, you can only do this if no more than 13 months have elapsed since the date of The Decision Notice letter informing you that you were in The WRAG.

This would be classed as a "Late" MR/Appeal, and you would have to show good cause for it being late.

You would have to show that you qualified for The SG rather than The WRAG at the the time of the adverse WRAG award.

Please reply to this topic if you need further advice on any of the options above.

bro58

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128578 by Den
Replied by Den on topic ESA 3 ?
Thank you for your info bro58, I have no doubt that I would qualify for IR esa, I know from claiming on forms before that they want every question answered but there are questions that I really dont know how to answer such as who signs my sick/fit notes as I havent needed one since 1989, This is on the third page and I am stuck on it and its stressing me so much I feel like just giving up.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128582 by
Replied by on topic ESA 3 ?

Den wrote: Thank you for your info bro58, I have no doubt that I would qualify for IR esa, I know from claiming on forms before that they want every question answered but there are questions that I really dont know how to answer such as who signs my sick/fit notes as I havent needed one since 1989, This is on the third page and I am stuck on it and its stressing me so much I feel like just giving up.

Hi D,

I would just comment as you have posted here.

i.e. I have not been issued with or been required to provide a fit note/sick note since 1989, when my G.P. issued it.

Just a standard question.

Things have changed, in that a Nurse Practitioner, and other treating HCP can now issue fit notes.

Not every question/section in the form will be applicable to you personally, if you feel that a particular question is not applicable to you, simply write Not Applicable or N/A

bro58

More
9 years 3 months ago #128590 by Den
Replied by Den on topic ESA 3 ?
Thank you bro, That is the sort of thing I needed to hear, I will endeavor to fill in the form now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.