× Members

Pip record????

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128521 by Katykat
Pip record???? was created by Katykat
My husband has a heart condition & is having major surgery in March ( hopefully). He gets ESA support and applied for PiP on 5th Jan. We filled the form in and sent it back with medical reports on 14th Jan he had a letter on 23rd with appt for assessment on 2nd Feb. So, exactly 4 weeks from telephone application. Is this a record or what. He was honestly expecting at least 6 months or longer. Not sure if to take this as a good sign or not.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #128542 by
Replied by on topic Pip record????

Katykat wrote: My husband has a heart condition & is having major surgery in March ( hopefully). He gets ESA support and applied for PiP on 5th Jan. We filled the form in and sent it back with medical reports on 14th Jan he had a letter on 23rd with appt for assessment on 2nd Feb. So, exactly 4 weeks from telephone application. Is this a record or what. He was honestly expecting at least 6 months or longer. Not sure if to take this as a good sign or not.

Hi Kk,

I don't know whether this is a "record", but it is a lot quicker than the average.

I would not read anything into this, how long a PIP Assessment/Decision will take is dependent on the work load of the The PIP Assessors (ATOS/Capita) in your area, and/or The DWP office dealing with your claim.

Please keep us updated.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129725 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic Pip record????
Well he got his letter today. He got standard rate Daily living & standard rate mobility. About what we thought, but it's only taken 6 weeks from first claim. The claim is valid until Aug 2018 with a review Aug 2017. We are hoping the surgery will restore his health to better than it is now so we would have to decide when it might be the time to inform DWP of change of circumstances. Until then he will need more care, but we have decided to leave it at the status quo.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129740 by
Replied by on topic Pip record????

Katykat wrote: Well he got his letter today. He got standard rate Daily living & standard rate mobility. About what we thought, but it's only taken 6 weeks from first claim. The claim is valid until Aug 2018 with a review Aug 2017. We are hoping the surgery will restore his health to better than it is now so we would have to decide when it might be the time to inform DWP of change of circumstances. Until then he will need more care, but we have decided to leave it at the status quo.

Hi Kk,

Congratulations on the Standard Rate PIP Awards for both, if that was what you were expecting !! :cheer:

If the Standard Mobility Award was for "Moving Around" the physical aspect, then this also entitles him to a Blue Badge, and a 50% reduction in Road Tax of any car that he has the use of.

The Standard Daily Living Award may mean that he has entitlement to payment of The Severe Disability Premium (SDP) as IR ESA top-ups.

ESA Premiums

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If he can't fulfill all the qualifying criteria for payment of The SDP, e.g. not classed as living alone, you or someone else may be able to claim Carers Allowance (CA) for providing care for him :

CA Eligibility.

Carers UK. CA.

I do hope your husband's health improves in the future !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #129810 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic Pip record????
Thanks for your good wishes Bro, he does already have a blue badge and coincidently have just had the road tax reminder, so 50% is very welcome. He does also get ESA SG, but its CB so does not qualify for IR benefits. We have today also applied for concessionary bus pass and intend to get a railcard after his operation. Will be recuperating for 3 months so not worth applying yet. I won't get Carers allowance as I am in ESA SG ( he was my carer but had to give this up when he got his own ESA). It's been a tricky time for us, but hopefully better times ahead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.