× Members

P.I.P declined...advice please!

• MARGARET EVANS
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129666 by MARGARET EVANS
Replied by MARGARET EVANS on topic P.I.P declined...advice please!
I have another two queries which I'd like some information on please...
1...Would the Capita HP who assessed me on 5/12/14 have read up on any of my medical background and history prior to the interview to familiarise himself about me for the purpose of a fair assessment and would this be something that was expected of them or do they just interview claimants on face value and just how people give replies to the questions asked ?
2...Do the Capita HPs liaise with DWP officials about any aspect of one's claim either in written form or by telephone prior to writing up the HP's report ?
I just want to see what your thoughts are to these two questions please.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129681 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic P.I.P declined...advice please!

MAGGIE wrote: I have another two queries which I'd like some information on please...
1...Would the Capita HP who assessed me on 5/12/14 have read up on any of my medical background and history prior to the interview to familiarise himself about me for the purpose of a fair assessment and would this be something that was expected of them or do they just interview claimants on face value and just how people give replies to the questions asked ?
2...Do the Capita HPs liaise with DWP officials about any aspect of one's claim either in written form or by telephone prior to writing up the HP's report ?
I just want to see what your thoughts are to these two questions please.

Hi M,

In response to your questions :

1. Yes, they are supposed to read through the PIP 2 Questionnaire and any other evidence before the Consultation is carried out.

2. They may do, however DWP PIP Decision Makers (Case Managers) are not medically trained, this is why The DWP contract Capita/ATOS to carry out all medical services.

The HP's do sometimes consult a superior for guidance, or to clarify issues.

The latest edition of Guidance given to PIP Assessors can be read : Here.

Remember, it is only "Guidance" and not "Legislation".

bro58

• MARGARET EVANS
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129701 by MARGARET EVANS
Replied by MARGARET EVANS on topic P.I.P declined...advice please!
Thank you for the reply...the reason I asked those particular questions is this....when I went to the Capita face to face assessment on the 5/12/14...

I gave my name to the receptionist and she queried it and asked me to repeat my name and said there was no record of me being listed for an appointment that day at all and she had no record of me on her system so if the HP has to familiarise themselves with the records then he wouldn't have been able to on that day as I was not down for an appointment at all..

I said to the receptionist that I hoped I would not have to come another day and she told me to take a seat and someone would see me....if that were the case then it begs the question did I get a fair assessment if the HP hadn't familiarised himself with my case and just conducted the interview blind so to speak.

The second query was the fact that in the HP's report that I requested as part of the MR...he mentions I have a dog...I absolutely did not discuss this with the HP because I had rehomed the dog on the 1/12/14 because I was no longer able to walk her at all so would have no need whatsoever to bring it up....but the DWP knew I had a dog when they rang me regarding giving more info for the MR and they asked me questions about the dog and how I was able to feed her etc...which is why I find it strange that it's entered on the HP's "Consultation report form- PA4 V3" ....

how would he know about it....has it been added by DWP after the HP sent his report in to them....do they add more information to the HP's report to add weight to the assessment....I'm sorry I'm asking but I'm confused about the two issues I've raised.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129706 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic P.I.P declined...advice please!

MAGGIE wrote: Thank you for the reply...the reason I asked those particular questions is this....when I went to the Capita face to face assessment on the 5/12/14...

I gave my name to the receptionist and she queried it and asked me to repeat my name and said there was no record of me being listed for an appointment that day at all and she had no record of me on her system so if the HP has to familiarise themselves with the records then he wouldn't have been able to on that day as I was not down for an appointment at all..

I said to the receptionist that I hoped I would not have to come another day and she told me to take a seat and someone would see me....if that were the case then it begs the question did I get a fair assessment if the HP hadn't familiarised himself with my case and just conducted the interview blind so to speak.

The second query was the fact that in the HP's report that I requested as part of the MR...he mentions I have a dog...I absolutely did not discuss this with the HP because I had rehomed the dog on the 1/12/14 because I was no longer able to walk her at all so would have no need whatsoever to bring it up....but the DWP knew I had a dog when they rang me regarding giving more info for the MR and they asked me questions about the dog and how I was able to feed her etc...which is why I find it strange that it's entered on the HP's "Consultation report form- PA4 V3" ....

how would he know about it....has it been added by DWP after the HP sent his report in to them....do they add more information to the HP's report to add weight to the assessment....I'm sorry I'm asking but I'm confused about the two issues I've raised.

Hi M,

It's seems possible that your PIP file was not present on the day of your assessment, as you say that they did not have you down for an appointment.

You could highlight this and query what evidence The Assessor used in making their recommendations within the medical report.

With respect to the "dog" issue, even though I don't doubt what you are telling us is true in that the dog was not discussed at the F2F assessment, the problem would be proving that it was not mentioned.

Again, you could highlight this issue.

Even though all the above may help to discredit the HP's Medical Report, you should concentrate on explaining which PIP descriptors you feel that you should have received points for.

Giving details of how the limitations caused as a result of your medical conditions should tie in with the relevant scoring PIP Descriptors.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.