× Members

Appointment for ATOS PIP assessment finally landed

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #128612 by id66
The dreaded letter hit the mat this morning and I'm in a flat spin.
My appointment is on 25th Feb and I'm totally expecting to lose my DLA (PIP) and IB (ESA) and just know I won't have what it takes to fight any decision.

Are claims still, pretty much, declined as a matter of course?

Don't know what to do...

I've just d/l'd the Guide To PIP and will read it thoroughly today..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128621 by Gordon
id66

This is a PIP assessment there is absolutely no reason to assume that it will have any affect on your current ESA claim. :)

Whilst a large number of DLA claimants will see reduced awards or even there removal, it is most certainly not the case that PIP is denied "as a matter of course". :)

The claim guide has a section covering the assessment and what questions you are likely to be asked, so I would have a look at this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: id66

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #128660 by id66
Thanks Gordon, I will be thoroughly reading (and re-reading) the guide over the next few weeks.
Went through it briefly today and, if the 'professional' applies the rules fairly, there shouldn't be a problem. I ought to score 18 for daily living and 10 for mobility (can't remember if that's what it's called now)
But I don't trust them.

If I lost either it would have some potentially horrible financial implications for myself and my family.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.