× Members

Appointment for ATOS PIP assessment finally landed

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #128612 by id66
The dreaded letter hit the mat this morning and I'm in a flat spin.
My appointment is on 25th Feb and I'm totally expecting to lose my DLA (PIP) and IB (ESA) and just know I won't have what it takes to fight any decision.

Are claims still, pretty much, declined as a matter of course?

Don't know what to do...

I've just d/l'd the Guide To PIP and will read it thoroughly today..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128621 by Gordon
id66

This is a PIP assessment there is absolutely no reason to assume that it will have any affect on your current ESA claim. :)

Whilst a large number of DLA claimants will see reduced awards or even there removal, it is most certainly not the case that PIP is denied "as a matter of course". :)

The claim guide has a section covering the assessment and what questions you are likely to be asked, so I would have a look at this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: id66

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #128660 by id66
Thanks Gordon, I will be thoroughly reading (and re-reading) the guide over the next few weeks.
Went through it briefly today and, if the 'professional' applies the rules fairly, there shouldn't be a problem. I ought to score 18 for daily living and 10 for mobility (can't remember if that's what it's called now)
But I don't trust them.

If I lost either it would have some potentially horrible financial implications for myself and my family.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris