× Members

ESA Claim

• Mike
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #128673 by Mike
ESA Claim was created by Mike
Hi, I made a claim for ESA last week and am still awaiting there response. I did send a medical note with my application however it expires on the 1st February. Can anybody tell me what I should do. Also, if I call the job centre would they be able to tell me anything about my application such as how far into the procedure I am and estimated waiting time?

Kind regards

Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #128708 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Claim
Hi Mike,

Whilst the assessment process of ESA can take many months, payment is usually made quite promptly. It may be that the lack of an ongoing sick-note will hold things up though so I would advise that you get another one submitted promptly. The first 2 notes of the claim must be for no more than 3 months, after that they can be for as long as your GP
likes.

This is handled by DWP, it is nothing to do with your local jobcentre, it is unlikely that anyone there would be able to tell you what is happening. A call to DWP on 0800 055 6688 might tell you when you should expect some money.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.