× Members

Renewing from DLA to PIP

More
9 years 2 months ago #128676 by Aeowen
Renewing from DLA to PIP was created by Aeowen
I got a letter in december telling me if I did not commence my renewal by 5th December come April my DLA/Mobilty Allowance would be discontinued. However, commencing my renewal in December would qualify for my DLA to be continued until a decision had been made. I did so, and to my surprise I got a letter saying I had to complete a 43 page form by 12th January. I got the letter on 18th December. I telephoned and asked for an extension, and they delayed it till 26th January. I explained that I have a disability which requires me to take powerful pain relief. It would be difficult for me to complete on time. But DWP told me that if I didn't get the application in on 26th my DLA would be cancelled immediately. So I had to fill in a form, causing me ALOT of pain, and discomfort. Not only was this unbelievably difficult for me to achieve, but typically disrespectful of disabled people. I was quite simply intimidated by the people at the DWP. I just wonder how on earth other disabled people manage to negotiate through what I have experienced to be a form full of pitfalls and designed to make disabled persons fail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #128715 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Renewing from DLA to PIP
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Yes, these time constraints can cause much anxiety and stress for people !! :(

Our "Claims and Renewal" Guides try to pre-warn members of any potential pitfalls in the process.

DLA Guides

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to post them by replying to this topic.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.