× Members

Assessment

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128680 by Roxy raver
Assessment was created by Roxy raver
Hi having been awarded an indefinite DLA award many years ago for middle care and higher rate motability can anyone tell me if I will actually ever be assessed for PIP or just transfer?
I was assessed about 10 years ago via a medical which was nerve wracking but fine and decision just carried forward.
I like many am terrified although I have a genuine serious medical condition with years of hospital admissions ect.
My current motability vechicle is due to go back in July but I'm unsure what to do.
Any advice would be great on reassessment or not and vechicle ?Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128721 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Assessment
Hi Lucy,

No-one will be automatically transferred from DLA to PIP. At some stage you will receive a letter 'inviting' you to apply for PIP, you will have to request the forms yourself. As long as you do this, and return the completed forms, within the specified time-frame, your DLA will continue to be paid until 4 weeks after a decision is made on the PIP claim.

Initially we were told that everyone on indefinite DLA would be transferred between 2015 and 2017. However, the process does not seem to have started yet and it is possible that the time-scale could be changed depending on the results of this year's general election. I'm afraid that we all have to wait and see :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roxy raver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.