× Members

mobilaty and pip points awarded and no payment

• ray goddard
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #128684 by ray goddard
I have been awarded 8 points for pip and 12 points for enhanced , I am diabetic and have diabetic ulcers on the soles of two feet :ohmy: I have them regularly in 2013 I had the condition for 11 month and I got DLA straight away and had backdated , I am totally disgusted to find out that DWP say they don't think it will last the 9 month as they state in their refusal to award , I was under the belief this personal independence payment and mobility points of 12 and pip of 8 was to support people to live as normal life as possible, regardless I have now requested a mandatory reconsideration , which I did over the phone but will write in as well as the last time they lost files on the DLA award , I find its disgusting that they treat disabled people in this way , I hope the years ahead will be ok but if not I feel I will find myself suffering months every year without any award , can any one suggest the best way to pursue , and anyone who has had similar problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128731 by Gordon
RG

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

PIP requires a condition to have been in existence for 3 months and to reasonably continue for a further 9 months, totalling year, so it is possible that the reason that your ulcers were not taken into account was because you did not meet this requirement, DLA looks at the 3 months back but only six months forward.

If you want to challenge the Decision then the first thing we would recommend that you do is look at how secure your existing award is, I assume that you have been awarded Enhanced Daily Living and the Standard rate for Mobility. A good place would be for you to look at our PIP Claim guides which explain in detail how each Descriptor works.

If you feel that your current award is secure then the first stage to appealing the Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this is explained in more detail in our PIP MR & Appeal guide. Both documents are available on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any questions about any of the above, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.