× Members

Motability

More
9 years 3 months ago #128709 by capainFAIRY
Motability was created by capainFAIRY
I am lucky to have a motability car due to be changed in March this year after the 3yr period. I am in receipt of indefinite mobility DLA with no sign of PIP yet, so may I proceed with going ahead and obtaining the next motability car with the indefinite DLA award. I feel like I am in no mans land at the moment. Also I know its the end of January when do 'they' send out the notification letters for 6th April onwards, if I receive that with 'indefinite' on I may well feel happier about proceeding with another car. Help please advise I am housebound without a car.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128734 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Motability

capainFAIRY wrote: I am lucky to have a motability car due to be changed in March this year after the 3yr period. I am in receipt of indefinite mobility DLA with no sign of PIP yet, so may I proceed with going ahead and obtaining the next motability car with the indefinite DLA award. I feel like I am in no mans land at the moment. Also I know its the end of January when do 'they' send out the notification letters for 6th April onwards, if I receive that with 'indefinite' on I may well feel happier about proceeding with another car. Help please advise I am housebound without a car.

The simplest solution is for you to contact Motability, they are well aware of the impending transfer process starting, but I doubt that this will cause a problem with your ordering a new car.

The DWP have started sending out letters in regard to the uprating of benefits in April, I know that Income Support has been done and I believe that ESA letters are being sent out as the moment, but I don't think DLA has started yet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: capainFAIRY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris