× Members

DLA to PIP

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128730 by Patricia Lovell
DLA to PIP was created by Patricia Lovell
I received a letter from the benefits people about a 18 months ago, which says I will be required to switch from DLA to PIP and that this will be around October 2015. My DLA is for high mobility and mid rate care on an indefinite basis.
On October 2015 I will be 65. I live in district LL.
How are people of my age treated for PIP? Do I have to fill in new forms. If I no longer get DLA will I be able to claim Attendance Allowance. There must be many of you out there in a similar position.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolphin10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128733 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP
Hi P,

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You may not be aware that your full name is showing? If you wish to change your username you can do it easily by following the advice given here -

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As you were under 65 years old at the cut-off date, you will be 'invited' to apply for PIP at some stage. You will then remain on PIP as long as your circumstances do not change.

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.