× Members

Worried and very anxious

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128853 by marnie
Worried and very anxious was created by marnie
I have a situation that has made me severely distraught. I have mental health issues and am on ESA and DLA and my claims are backed by strong medical evidence.
Last week I went to the GP surgery to collect a sick note and there was no one else there except for this woman who I had a run in with years ago. She doesn't know where I live or anything about me. The receptionist said "your sick note won't be ready until tomorrow" and called me by my first name. On the odd occasion I go to the shop - it's a familiar place, I have seen this woman once but I'm pretty sure she didn't see me. I'm really worried that she will report me to the DWP - what do you think?
Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128864 by
Replied by on topic Worried and very anxious

marnie wrote: I have a situation that has made me severely distraught. I have mental health issues and am on ESA and DLA and my claims are backed by strong medical evidence.
Last week I went to the GP surgery to collect a sick note and there was no one else there except for this woman who I had a run in with years ago. She doesn't know where I live or anything about me. The receptionist said "your sick note won't be ready until tomorrow" and called me by my first name. On the odd occasion I go to the shop - it's a familiar place, I have seen this woman once but I'm pretty sure she didn't see me. I'm really worried that she will report me to the DWP - what do you think?
Thanks

Hi m,

I really wouldn't worry !! :)

Just because you are receiving a sick note does not necessarily mean that you are in receipt of "Benefits" anyway.

You also state that your have "strong medical evidence" which of course reiterates that you do suffer from your stated medical conditions.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #138018 by marnie
Replied by marnie on topic Worried and very anxious
I thought I'd use this old post because it explains my difficulties in some depth.
I am now having to apply for PIP soon and once again I cannot face a medical due to my severe mental health problems. My CPN and psychiatrist will provide strong medical evidence including information on the descriptors and explaining that a medical will cause severe psychological distress and would be detrimental to my mental health likely to cause relapse. Do you think I will be alright?
I was awarded ESA support group without a medical within 6 weeks. Should I send the ESA information as well?
Thank you

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138026 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Worried and very anxious

marnie wrote: I thought I'd use this old post because it explains my difficulties in some depth.
I am now having to apply for PIP soon and once again I cannot face a medical due to my severe mental health problems. My CPN and psychiatrist will provide strong medical evidence including information on the descriptors and explaining that a medical will cause severe psychological distress and would be detrimental to my mental health likely to cause relapse. Do you think I will be alright?
I was awarded ESA support group without a medical within 6 weeks. Should I send the ESA information as well?
Thank you

Both of the PIP Assessment Providers (Capita and ATOS), can make a recommendation based on your PIP2 form and the information attached and we do have members where this has happened.

It is difficult to offer you real re-assurance that you be able to avoid a face to face assessment, it will depend to a considerable extent on the quality of your PIP2 form and the information attached, it is also possible that AP dealing with your claim may write to one or more of the medical contacts on your PIP2 form and their response may help then make a recommendation without a face to face.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marnie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.