Aids and Appliances Query

• newcastle1949
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago #129028 by newcastle1949
Aids and Appliances Query was created by newcastle1949
Hi Everyone

Could you please let me know, when detailing on your PIP/DLA or ESA form that you sometimes use an aid or appliance, say a walking stick to help support you, a raised toiled seat etc, does this go for you or against you, would you score less points if you used an aid?

Many thanks
Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #129046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Aids and Appliances Query
Sweetheart

For DLA and ESA, any use of an aid or appliance will in general count against you, in addition, the usage can be assumed unless there is good reason preventing such usage.

For PIP, in general having to use an aid or appliance will result in you scoring extra points.

See the relevant guides for more details.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• newcastle1949
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago #129103 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic Aids and Appliances Query
Gosh isn't it confusing, Many thanks as ever Gordon.

Best Wishes to all of the mods for their continued support

Stay Warm
Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

More
9 years 2 months ago #129419 by Jules22
Replied by Jules22 on topic Aids and Appliances Query
What about the use of a wheelchair? will that be held against me rather than for me? :ohmy:

More
9 years 2 months ago #129432 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Aids and Appliances Query

Jules22 wrote: What about the use of a wheelchair? will that be held against me rather than for me? :ohmy:

First let me stipulate that the following only applies to a manual wheelchair operated by the claimant.

For ESA the use of a wheelchair will count against you as such use can be substituted for you walking.

For PIP the situation is very different, PIP is a walking test so your usage of a wheelchair is not specifically relevant unless it is because you are unable to walk at all.

In both cases you need to remember that what is important is what you need to do rather than what you choose not to do that will be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.