× Members

DLa tribunal, no representative. Any help welcome

• Marilyn Brooke
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #129174 by Marilyn Brooke
I have my DLA tribunal next monday and have no one to represent me. It will just be my husband and myself. The local CAB haven't anyone to send as the one person they do have has a full case load. I'm starting to panic now, one of my 'problems'. I only joined this site late last week and reading the articles, I feel quite worried about representing myself. HELP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129188 by Gordon
MB

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The first thing to say is that the vast majority of Tribunals are held without the claimant having representation, this was the case even before the current Government axed the budget for such things.

The panel, there will be three members; a judge, a doctor and disability member, will be asking you questions about your daily activities to understand how you are affected and to see whether you meet the criteria for DLA or not. Take your time, make sure your understand the question and then give your answer, if you don't think they have taken on board what you have said, then don't be afraid to correct them, just be respectful.

You might want to read through your form the night before and it may help you to have a look through our DLA Claim guides to make sure that you are familiar with how DLA is assessed. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Marilyn Brooke
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129387 by Marilyn Brooke
Replied by Marilyn Brooke on topic DLa tribunal, no representative. Any help welcome
Thank you, Gordon. The worst is over, just have to wait a few days to find out the result. Whatever happens, thanks for your guidance, went in there feeling much more positive

• Marilyn Brooke
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129631 by Marilyn Brooke
Replied by Marilyn Brooke on topic DLa tribunal, no representative. Any help welcome
Well,tribunal monday, not too sure I will end up with anything. Still no result, we were told it would be sent off monday p.m.
Rang up clerk of the court today and we were told if it's not here in a fortnight, they can send another one out. It'll probably come tomorrow to spoil the weekend :(

• Marilyn Brooke
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129728 by Marilyn Brooke
Not upheld, 8 years on med care and higher mobility. Down to lowest care, no mobility :(

More
9 years 2 months ago #129772 by Gordon

MBR wrote: Not upheld, 8 years on med care and higher mobility. Down to lowest care, no mobility :(

I'm sorry to hear this. You still have the option of pursuing this to the Upper Tier Tribunal if you wish, however, this can only be done because there was an Error of Law in the proceedings. I have to warn you that an appeal to the UTT can take a significant time and there is no guarantee of success.

The first stage of an appeal is to request a written Statement of Reasons from the judge and the Record of Proceedings.

What is an Error of Law?

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/appealing-upp...er-tribunal-decision

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.