× Members

My Face to Face assessment is this a good sign

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129309 by PeteLucas2
Been in support group since 2012. Renewed application 2013. Face to Face today. The assessment only lasted 20 minutes. Told me to wait with my wife/carer and "had to make a call" after two minutes said we could go and and we would hear in a month but unlikely I will be called bakc. Did not go into all my medical conditions. Is this a good sign???
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129311 by slugsta
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, you should find this link helpful.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I don't know whether you are aware that your real name is visible on the forum? If you wish to change your username, in order to maintain an element of anonymity, you can do so by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

When the HCP leaves the room during an assessment, it is sometimes because they are thinking of making a 'support group' recommendation for the claimant. So you are right to think that the signs are good. However, even if this is the case, it is still up to the DWP to make the decision and they do not have to agree with the HCP (although they often do).

Let's hope that you hear soon and get the decision you deserve :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeteLucas2

More
9 years 2 months ago #129420 by Benson
This makes sense now to me. When I had my F2F a few months back I was told to leave the room after 20 minutes as they had to "make a phone call", I wasn't sure what was going on or who they were calling, as in all the previous F2F's I had never been asked to leave the room for a phone call. I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad sign, but I presumed they were ringing the DM to advise them further, as I have heard some interviews are done just to see if someone is for the WRAG or Support Group (rather than any group). The HCP then came to me and said goodbye and I will hear from them soon. I wasn't sure whether to ask questions or not so I didn't. Two weeks later I was sent a letter saying I am in the support group. So yes, CatLover, it sounds promising for you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.