× Members

PIP Turned Down.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129319 by raindaisy
PIP Turned Down. was created by raindaisy
Got my letter to day scored zero points on everything. They included written reasons, seems I do do absolutely everything for myself , even when I am laid up for days and sometimes weeks on end, which is over half the time on a month to month basis, with a flare up and constant pain. i don't suffer depression as I don't take medication for it at the moment and not seeing anyone for it. Just wish my GP would stop saying I am and referring me for CBT.

Also letter from Council. " your appeal was successful , however as you were awarded DHP we are only giving you your entitlement from 9 Feb 2015. Our Bedroom Tax appeal has been ongoing since April 2013. We won on both grounds.

Got dx with Heart Disease on Tuesday, no wonder i get chest pain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129339 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Turned Down.

raindaisy wrote: Got my letter to day scored zero points on everything. They included written reasons, seems I do do absolutely everything for myself , even when I am laid up for days and sometimes weeks on end, which is over half the time on a month to month basis, with a flare up and constant pain. i don't suffer depression as I don't take medication for it at the moment and not seeing anyone for it. Just wish my GP would stop saying I am and referring me for CBT.

Also letter from Council. " your appeal was successful , however as you were awarded DHP we are only giving you your entitlement from 9 Feb 2015. Our Bedroom Tax appeal has been ongoing since April 2013. We won on both grounds.

Got dx with Heart Disease on Tuesday, no wonder i get chest pain.

Hi rd,

I am sorry to hear that your PIP claim was unsuccessful !!! :(

As you have 0 points, you have little to lose by requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)

You should request this in writing within one month of the date of your PIP decision notice letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Have a read through our : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance .

See also : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Good to hear that you won your Bedroom Tax Appeal !! :)

Good luck at dx on Tuesday.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129388 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic PIP Turned Down.
Thank You Bro58

I telephoned PIP today and asked for copies of all evidence they used when making the decision as stated in their letter....it was then as I was reading it out loud i realized this , it says :

" ive considered all the evidence about your conditions and how they affect you as identified in..."

1.how your disability form....yes they did get this

2. information provided in the report from your GP....yes my GP did a reprt to ATOS for PIP

3. the information provided by the HCP assessment for Employment Support Allowance.......huh??? it was a PIP assessment , I havent even HAD an ESA assessment ...?????!!!!

So i said to the PIP person, that IS an official error surely? How can you use evidence , which hasnt even happened??????

His response was , its not an error , it should have said the GP report for ESA...fair enough , but this is my decision letter..and an official letter , and THAT sentence is WRONG..!

Is this how its going to be...???? its taken 2 years fighting BT and that is still not over..., 2 years keeping my husband alive, and 2 years of my own declining health..Im not sure i am for this...god give me strength!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129399 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Turned Down.

raindaisy wrote: Thank You Bro58

I telephoned PIP today and asked for copies of all evidence they used when making the decision as stated in their letter....it was then as I was reading it out loud i realized this , it says :

" ive considered all the evidence about your conditions and how they affect you as identified in..."

1.how your disability form....yes they did get this

2. information provided in the report from your GP....yes my GP did a reprt to ATOS for PIP

3. the information provided by the HCP assessment for Employment Support Allowance.......huh??? it was a PIP assessment , I havent even HAD an ESA assessment ...?????!!!!

So i said to the PIP person, that IS an official error surely? How can you use evidence , which hasnt even happened??????

His response was , its not an error , it should have said the GP report for ESA...fair enough , but this is my decision letter..and an official letter , and THAT sentence is WRONG..!

Is this how its going to be...???? its taken 2 years fighting BT and that is still not over..., 2 years keeping my husband alive, and 2 years of my own declining health..Im not sure i am for this...god give me strength!

Hi rd,

The problem is, and we see this a lot with ESA 85 / ESA85A Medical Reports where a "Med 3" (fit note/sick note) is referred to as evidence used in coming to the decision, when the claimant has not had one for many years, is that some of the phrases are electronically generated.

The Assessor has simply chosen the wrong drop-down option, or failed to amend it to suit the individual claimant.

You could still query it though for what it's worth.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.