× Members

Awaiting PIP decision

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129324 by Feelinghopeless
Awaiting PIP decision was created by Feelinghopeless
Hi, my PIP form deadline was 15 January and I included copies of all my hospital discharge summaries, letters from all professionals involved etc. My psychiatrist even wrote a letter strongly recommending that in her opinion, a face to face assessment of any kind would be potentially dangerous. I got a letter from the DWP today which said "We now have all the information and reports we need about your condition and how it affects you.....and will write to let you know the decision" - is this a standard letter or does it mean that they don't need to call me for an assessment? I was half expecting them to say I would soon be called for assessment but it just said they had all they needed for a decision. I live in an area that Capita are involved with. I am probably clutching at straws but beside myself with worry. Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129343 by
Replied by on topic Awaiting PIP decision

mad cow wrote: Hi, my PIP form deadline was 15 January and I included copies of all my hospital discharge summaries, letters from all professionals involved etc. My psychiatrist even wrote a letter strongly recommending that in her opinion, a face to face assessment of any kind would be potentially dangerous. I got a letter from the DWP today which said "We now have all the information and reports we need about your condition and how it affects you.....and will write to let you know the decision" - is this a standard letter or does it mean that they don't need to call me for an assessment? I was half expecting them to say I would soon be called for assessment but it just said they had all they needed for a decision. I live in an area that Capita are involved with. I am probably clutching at straws but beside myself with worry. Thank you

Hi mc,

The wording of your letter, and the fact that it is from The DWP and not Capita, would lead me to believe that Capita have been able to make paper based recommendations on the evidence that you provided, and have returned your file to The DWP for the PIP Decision Maker to make the final decision.

This would mean that a F2F would not take place.

For confirmation of this, and updates on how things are progressing, you can ring The PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #129411 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Awaiting PIP decision
Many thanks. I will certainly update you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.