× Members

Should I submit this prescription list or not?

More
9 years 2 months ago #129333 by Chlorinated
In my pip form I state that I have severe digestive problems e.g. I am intolerant to pretty much all foods.

A couple of years ago, my gastroenterologist prescribed me some 'therapeutic nutrition' drinks as a trial to see if it relived my symptoms. At the time I was too depressed/sick to even pick the drinks up and continued to investigate my illness in an alternative way.

I recently gave up and started taking the conventional medicine that nhs has given me and have been wanting to try the 'therapeutic drink'. However if I put it on my form now pip might wonder why I picked the drinks up so late after it had been prescribed to me. coincidentally days before my pip submission.

tbh it's just coincidence however the fact that I was prescribed it before or after both shows I had/have advanced gastric issues. Would it be a good idea to submit the prescription or would should I leave it and just submit my gastro old letter from years ago to show that they considered my digestive problems bad enough to give me therapeutic nutrition?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129363 by Gordon
Amonia

If you are not currently taking these therapeutic drinks then they cannot be having an affect on your conditions and limitations, so I am not sure that I see any value in including them. also were you do so then you may be asked why you are not taking something that might improve your conditions.

Of course, if you start taking on a regular basis before you are assessed and there are changes to your conditions then they might be something worth including.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #129407 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic Should I submit this prescription list or not?
I see your point.

The point of sending the old letter(not current prescription) is to show them that my digestive issues would have been serious enough for my doctor to have considered therapeutic nutrition in the past.

Therefore anything I say about my digestive problems would carry more weight.

In this sense is it better to send the old letter or just focus on what is happening now?

More
9 years 2 months ago #129408 by Gordon
Amonia

Ultimately the decision is yours but there are two thing you need to consider.

The assessor is primarily interested in your condition as it is now so evidence that covers your condition as it was in the past and can be shown to still be relevant is worthwhile including, but evidence of past problems which cannot be shown to still be relevant can dilute the message you are trying to send.

It is possible that evidence of treatment that you did not take and where there is no indication that your condition has worsened in the interim may not be of positive value, it may in fact suggest that the conditions were not as bad as suggested.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.