× Members

mental health soring points

More
9 years 2 months ago #129393 by cadge
mental health soring points was created by cadge
Hi everyone,would someone be denied scoring points for esa,
mental health claims,if they didnt need someone with them when they go out,
but cant go out, where and when they want to, sometimes only once a week,and only to the local shops, due to extreem anxiety, I have been like this for forty five years, and have been on sda for that time, Im sorry if I havent explained myself very well,its just that having someone with me has never reduced my anxiety.I dont use public transport.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129401 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mental health soring points
cadge

Even if your limitations in this area were not accepted it would only affect your ability to score points for question 15. Going Out, you could still score points, as relevant, for the rest of the mental health section, question 11-17 on the form.

Tasks in the ESA tests must be completed for the majority of the time to count, so if you can show that six days a week you are constrained from going out, then you can still score points, but you will need to clearly explain what is different between the six days where you cannot and the one day where you can.

I hope this has answered your question, but if not, please come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #129410 by cadge
Replied by cadge on topic mental health soring points
Thank you for your reply,I see what you are saying,in forty five years I have only been able to go out periodially,I use the term once a week as an average time,I can go for months struggling with chronici anxiety that stops me leaving my home,I have to put such a lot of effort trying to get out,there seems a lot of questions about needing someone with you,in the esa50,but It doesnt help me,I just feel so worried, about it.

Thank you for your help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.