× Members

Age restriction for PIP

• fadedrose
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129397 by fadedrose
Age restriction for PIP was created by fadedrose
I have several health problems, asthma, epilepsy, diabetis and OA and was wondering if I have left it too long to apply for PIP as I will be 65 at beginning of April this year, I would appreciate any advice from this forum, thanks in advance>
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #129403 by
Replied by on topic Age restriction for PIP

fadedrose wrote: I have several health problems, asthma, epilepsy, diabetis and OA and was wondering if I have left it too long to apply for PIP as I will be 65 at beginning of April this year, I would appreciate any advice from this forum, thanks in advance>

Hi fr,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

As long as you have suffered from the medical conditions and resulting limitations/disabilities for the past 3 months or more, you can make a fresh claim for PIP now. (I am assuming that you are not currently in receipt of DLA)

You must make your application before you turn 65, as after that you would need to claim Attendance Allowance, which has no Mobility component.

The start date of your PIP Claim should be from the date that you make the initial phone call to inform them that you wish to apply.

See our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP Self Test

&

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

• fadedrose
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129415 by fadedrose
Replied by fadedrose on topic Age restriction for PIP
Thankyou Bro for the quick response, I will check out the claims guide and hopefully get through the mammoth task ahead, many thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.