× Members

pip appeal

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129402 by loulou1
pip appeal was created by loulou1
Hi all

I have filled in my appeal form and have read through your guides on appeals, there is just a question I am not sure of could you help. When I send the appeal off to the HM Courts & Tribunals , and they send it to the DWP. If the DWP made the decision to take away the award I already have, when reviewing my claim would they
a) tell me before the tribunal.
b) could I stop it with the DWP

I know you can stop an appeal at any time is that after it has been passed back from the DWP to tribunal. Hope this makes sense Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129405 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip appeal

loulou1 wrote: Hi all

I have filled in my appeal form and have read through your guides on appeals, there is just a question I am not sure of could you help. When I send the appeal off to the HM Courts & Tribunals , and they send it to the DWP. If the DWP made the decision to take away the award I already have, when reviewing my claim would they
a) tell me before the tribunal.
b) could I stop it with the DWP

I know you can stop an appeal at any time is that after it has been passed back from the DWP to tribunal. Hope this makes sense Thanks.

Hi ll1,

I see that Gordon has already posted you a link to our PIP MR/Appeals Guidance : Here.

Once you make a request for an MR to the DWP, they will re-look at the adverse decision.

It would be then that they may reduce (or increase) your current award.

Whatever decision the DWP make as the result of your MR request, they must inform you in writing in the form of a written MR Notice.

Only once you receive the MR Notice can you then appeal directly to The Tribunal Service, (TS) sending a copy of the MR Notice with your appeal request.

Once The TS have accepted your appeal they will inform you and the DWP.

The DWP cannot reduce your award after The TS have accepted your appeal, although we have heard from some members where The DWP have increased an award therefore doing away with the need of a TS hearing. (This is known as the appeal "Lapsing")

Once your appeal is accepted by The TS, all correspondence from you should be sent to them.

This would include if you wished to cancel your appeal.

If your appeal gets to a hearing and The Tribunal Panel are considering reducing or stopping your current award, they must first issue you with a Verbal warning and give you the chance to withdraw your appeal.

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

I hope that explains it for you !! :)

If not, please reply to this topic.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.