× Members

PIP APPOINTMENT AFTER SEVEN DAYS

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129412 by bigred
PIP APPOINTMENT AFTER SEVEN DAYS was created by bigred
Hello,
Can someone help me please?
I put in my daughters renewal form for her tranferring from DLA ( She is on the hr) TO PIP.
My daughters is anorexic and has tried to commit suicide on 4 occasions and is on 150 mg of Sertraline.
We posted the form back and they recieved it Thursday 29th Jan, we have recieved an appointment for this thursday 12th February .
My question is has anybody had such a quick response to their claim?
and our worry is that they could not possibly had ANY feedback from her doctor or her therapist in such a short space of time.
Is this normal seeing as it is so quick.
Many thanks to you all and good luck to all in this most worrying of times.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129414 by
Replied by on topic PIP APPOINTMENT AFTER SEVEN DAYS

bigred wrote: Hello,
Can someone help me please?
I put in my daughters renewal form for her tranferring from DLA ( She is on the hr) TO PIP.
My daughters is anorexic and has tried to commit suicide on 4 occasions and is on 150 mg of Sertraline.
We posted the form back and they recieved it Thursday 29th Jan, we have recieved an appointment for this thursday 12th February .
My question is has anybody had such a quick response to their claim?
and our worry is that they could not possibly had ANY feedback from her doctor or her therapist in such a short space of time.
Is this normal seeing as it is so quick.
Many thanks to you all and good luck to all in this most worrying of times.

Hi br,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

We have recently seen a number of members who have received appointments for their PIP Consultations within a week or so of returning their PIP 2 Form.

I suppose it depends on the situation with backlogs in any particular area, there definitely doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to it.

I wouldn't rely on The DWP or The PIP Assessors contacting any treating HCP's even if you request that they do so.

They are not legally bound to do so, this is why we advise that any supporting evidence should be collected by the claimant, and provided with The PIP 2.

You don't say whether the Consultation is with ATOS or Capita, or whether it is a Home Assessment or to be held at an Assessment/ Consultation Centre.

You are allowed to rearrange a Consultation once, if you feel that you need more time to obtain evidence yourself. This will obviously lengthen the whole process, and once rearranged you must take part otherwise you risk having the PIP Claim disallowed.

If you wish to contact ATOS, contact details are provided to the right of : This Page.

Or, for Capita : Contact Capita.

Information on what to expect at a PIP Consultation can be seen from Page 64 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

You could contact her G.P. or other treating HCP to see whether they have been contacted, as this is generally done electronically.

Please reply to this topic if you have further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #129443 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic PIP APPOINTMENT AFTER SEVEN DAYS
Try not to worry.

A relative of mine recently applied for PIP, and Capita phoned to book an appointment less than a week after the PIP2 form was returned. The assessment took place a couple of weeks ago and did ultimately lead to an award of PIP.

Think of it as a good thing - less time to get stressed and anxious, as it will be over very soon, one way or the other.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129562 by corsa40
Replied by corsa40 on topic PIP APPOINTMENT AFTER SEVEN DAYS
Same happened to my husband, he applied for PIP after being on DLA and we got the letter on Friday from Capita and he had his Face to Face today, once again less to stress about at least it's over, good luck by the way.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.