× Members

Transfer from DLA to PIP question

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129424 by melady
Transfer from DLA to PIP question was created by melady
My fixed term DLA award finishes in August 2016.

I have read that renewals are being sent out a year in advance of an existing award ending.
Do you think this means I will receive my invitation to apply for PIP in August 2015?
Should I start preparing now?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Melady
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129431 by
Replied by on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP question

melady wrote: My fixed term DLA award finishes in August 2016.

I have read that renewals are being sent out a year in advance of an existing award ending.
Do you think this means I will receive my invitation to apply for PIP in August 2015?
Should I start preparing now?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Melady

Hi M,

I think that you have misunderstood ! :)

For claimants who have received PIP Awards, they can expect to receive their review documentation a year before the end date of the award.

You should receive your renewal documentation some 16-20 weeks before the end of the fixed term DLA award. i.e. circa March/April 2016.

There is nothing to stop you reading through our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) over the coming months to familiarise yourself with the criteria in anticipation of any future PIP "Invite"

Whether this will be an invitation to claim PIP or a DLA renewal will depend on whether your area is already an Active PIP Area, or if it will be at that time :

PIP Postcode Map.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #129451 by melady
Replied by melady on topic Transfer from DLA to PIP question
Thank you Bro for your helpful reply. I really appreciate the work you do.
I do understand now. I will prepare for it slowly as I have done in the past for my DLA and ESA awards.
I live in a TS postcode which has just been added to the list of PIP active areas.

Melady.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.