× Members

ESA Appeal

• philippa williams
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129447 by philippa williams
ESA Appeal was created by philippa williams
I am waiting for a date for my appeal against the decision to take me of ESA and to make me sign on for job seekers allowance , I suffer from degenerative disc disease and a trapped scatic nerve . After my assessment I was awarded 6 points for the sitting and standing question. on my appeal form I quoted regulation 29 (b) and have got a report from my doctor ,is there anything else I could take to my appeal ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129454 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal
PW

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

PW

In order to be successful at your Tribunal you will need to show that you meet sufficient of the ESA Descriptors to score at least 15 points or that you meet the criteria for Regulation 29. This would result in a WRAG placement. The requirements for the Support Group are more strict.

As you are a new user I would recommend that you start by reading two of our guides, Firstly have a look at the ESA MR & Appeal guide, which covers the process in detail and subjects such as collecting evidence and writing an appeal. The second you should read are our ESA Claim guides (2 docs). Both are on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You might also want to have a look at the following fact sheets

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

Good practice for those appealing

Based on your post, you either need to concentrate on Regulation 29 or expand the areas that you might score points for. The Standing and Sitting Descriptor as you have, admittedly briefly, described your problems will not result in an ESA award. The claim guides explain the criteria in more detail.

I am a bit limited in providing more advice without further information. If you have any questions then please reply to this post and we do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.