× Members

Change of Circumstances Notification

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129459 by Fiona
I know this is a bit of a silly question, but I'm wondering if any of the Mods can clarify what counts as a 'change of circumstances' in DWP speak?

The reason I'm asking is that a number of things have changed since I submitted my ESA50 last June and I am not sure if I should inform the DWP now or wait until I have my assessment (the wait in my area is seemingly about a year). To give a couple of examples, one of the contacts on my form is now incorrect as this person has moved jobs; the other is that my 'main' condition has worsened unpleasantly to the extent that, from what I can gather from this website, I would score 15 points - and get into the SG as this particular question is a descriptor - whereas previously I might have scored 6 if the person doing the assessing was feeling generous.

Essentially what I need to know is 'Is it a waste of time informing them either verbally or by post now especially bearing in mind Maximus are in process of taking over the contract?'

Sorry if I've rambled on, and thanks in advance for your help.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129464 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Change of Circumstances Notification
Wobblylegs

When you last posted you were still in the assessment phase and as you don't mention an award I assume that this is still the case.

ATOS or whoever and the DWP Decision Maker can only assess you based on the information that they have on you, you are entitled to update this up to and including the day of any assessment.

So I would write first of all to ATOS with the changes you mention including any new evidence, secondly, send a copy of your letter and the evidence to the DWP office dealing with your claim, marked for the attention of the Decision Maker. Lastly, if you have a face to face assessment, take a copy of this information with you and ask the assessor to read it and include it in your file before proceeding with the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiona

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.