× Members

PIP MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION

• Alejandro Aguilar
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129460 by Alejandro Aguilar
PIP MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION was created by Alejandro Aguilar
Please help!! I have received the bad news that i havent been successful in my pip application. I know that i can ask for a mandatory reconsideration, but am not at all sure how to go about this, or what other information i can give. I filled my application form in without the help of your web site, at my medical assessment i gave copies of my medical records. I was awarded 6points for daily living activities, and 4 points for mobility. I hope that i have given enough info to whoever out there can help me. I have worked all my life, am now 63 and have never claimed any benefits, so feel as though i am walking through mud in the dark!!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129465 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION
AA

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I've picked up your post even though we are outside are normal hours, so my answer will be a quick one, but you can ask further questions and a moderator will deal with this when we are online tomorrow afternoon.

First of all have a look at our PIP MR and Appeal guide this explains the process in detail and has template letters that you can use to write to the DWP.

Contact the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will help you understand why you did not score more points and the areas that you therefore need to address.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide, you say that you did not use this for the PIP form, so it will help you to re-look at what you did include to see whether you can explain it better.

The guides are all on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

A moderator is next on at 2pm tomorrow. As an aside, please do not post in capitals it causes problems for members with sight problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.