× Members

More or less evidence letters?

More
9 years 2 months ago #129462 by Chlorinated
More or less evidence letters? was created by Chlorinated
I have about 8 letters(medical evidence) or so from my doctor over the 2 years which I am planning to send for pip. However some of them mention slightly negative things e.g. arguments I had with doctors, resistance to medication.

Most of the documents look similar e.g. he has this condition, he's still mental and he cant progress. However its a similar story in each letter without much detail.

At my request my doctor has agreed to write a letter targeting the pip descriptors that she agrees is relevant to me by writing a short letter or she may even give more detail if she has the time.

Would it be acceptable to complete the form and give the letter that I have requested or should I give the other letters as well? I if she covers the issues in one letter just as effectively, might that be more concise and appropriate? Or will there be benefit in giving the other letters(which have some negativity in them).

In any case, will more letters over 1 be a significant issue in the eyes of an assessor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129487 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic More or less evidence letters?
Amonia

It is not the quantity but the quality of the letters that matter, also, the age of a letter will also be considered, an older letter will generally have less value than an older one, unless you can show that your condition has not changed or could only worsen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.