× Members

Which group during worse health reconsideration?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129463 by Chlorinated
If somebody is in the wrag group and on the basis of worsening health(documented) they apply for a reconsideration. If the reconsideration fails, I believe they will have the chance to ask for a mandatory reconsideration if that fails then they can appeal?

If so and when they appeal, do they still have to be in the wrag and attend wrag appointments or do they get put on the basic rate and not have to do anything until the appeal verdict happens.

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129489 by Gordon
Amonia

First of all, just to be clear, you cannot apply for a Reconsideration on the basis of a worsened condition, a reconsideration and appeal will only consider your health and limitations at the time of the Decision being challenged any change since then is specifically excluded from the process.

Until the Decision is re-made either by the DWP (reconsideration), or the Tribunal Service (appeal), the existing Decision remains in place, so if you appealed to be placed in the Support Group from the WRAG, then you remain in the WRAG until a Decision is made and are subject to all of the requirements of the WRAG, subject to any reasonable adjustments due to your limitations. The only exception to this is that you should not be forwarded to the Work Programme whilst waiting for an appeal (not a reconsideration). You would continue to receive the WRAG rate during this time

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129634 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic Which group during worse health reconsideration?
Hi Gordan

I apologise, as usual, I haven't understood you the first time right.

I think I know what you saying. You are referring to 'mandatory reconsiderations' and subsequent appeals. So if a decision was made for wrag and that person challenges, then he can do so only on the basis that his case wasn't dealt with justly based on what his health was at the time.
Therefore during this period he would be in the wrag and if he later in appeals he will still be in wrag(but not called up for the work program whilst on appeal).

However my question is regarding after a wrag decision has been made, an reconsideration and appeal taken place and the decision for wrag is still upheld.

1. After this point if a few months later the person has a second diagnoses and a worse state of health which he think means he should be in support group, what should he do?
I have asked Esa and they said write in with a request for a reconsideration however I want to double check it as they always misinform me.

2. If they have advised me correctly,if the reject the new reconsideration can the person ask for a mandatory reconsideration and appeal again? If they are in appeal they will not have to go to the work programme right, just like the first time?

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129646 by

Amonia wrote: Hi Gordan

I apologise, as usual, I haven't understood you the first time right.

I think I know what you saying. You are referring to 'mandatory reconsiderations' and subsequent appeals. So if a decision was made for wrag and that person challenges, then he can do so only on the basis that his case wasn't dealt with justly based on what his health was at the time.
Therefore during this period he would be in the wrag and if he later in appeals he will still be in wrag(but not called up for the work program whilst on appeal).

However my question is regarding after a wrag decision has been made, an reconsideration and appeal taken place and the decision for wrag is still upheld.

1. After this point if a few months later the person has a second diagnoses and a worse state of health which he think means he should be in support group, what should he do?
I have asked Esa and they said write in with a request for a reconsideration however I want to double check it as they always misinform me.

2. If they have advised me correctly,if the reject the new reconsideration can the person ask for a mandatory reconsideration and appeal again? If they are in appeal they will not have to go to the work programme right, just like the first time?

Thanks

Hi A,

1. If your condition deteriorated or changed to such an extent that you felt that the resulting limitations qualified you for The SG, you would have to write to DWP ESA to report a Change of Circumstances. (C of C) :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You would have to provide documented evidence from your G.P. or the like to prove any such deterioration/change, you could not simply say that this had occurred.

This would instigate a "Review/Supersession" of your existing WRAG award, and most probably a fresh ESA50, etc.

I would not use the word "Reconsideration" in this particular circumstance.

2. Yes, any decision made as the result of reporting The C of C would be open to an MR Request/Appeal.

As before, one should not be referred to The WP whilst an Appeal is ongoing.

However, not referring to The WP under this scenario is not covered by legislation and is purely JC Plus Operational Procedures.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129664 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic Which group during worse health reconsideration?
Ah I see the cause for the confusion: the ESA advisor. I'm pretty sure she kept telling me to write in for a 'reconsideration'.

I would like to point out that, and I apologise if I'm wrong on this, but I can't see anything about 'change of circumstances' in your current guides. Perhaps that should be a thing to include.

Thanks

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129665 by Chlorinated
I am already working on the ESA change of circumstances letter. I have a new diagnoses and 2 years worth of letters none of which ESA know about.

When writing the letter do you think I should explain detailed reason why I should be in the support group, give passed doctors letter and maybe a doctor letter saying I should not be in the WRAG(I already have this).

What is the best way to approach this? Ideally I want to avoid any ESA50, further medicals and appeals etc. I didn't see any information on your guides about change of circumstances so it's not clear what the best approach is here.

Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.