× Members

Which group during worse health reconsideration?

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129674 by bro58

Amonia wrote: Ah I see the cause for the confusion: the ESA advisor. I'm pretty sure she kept telling me to write in for a 'reconsideration'.

I would like to point out that, and I apologise if I'm wrong on this, but I can't see anything about 'change of circumstances' in your current guides. Perhaps that should be a thing to include.

Thanks

Hi A,

Reporting a C of C is applicable to all benefits, not just ESA.

It is generic rather than specific to any one benefit.

It simply involves writing a letter and providing details of The C of C, which may include any documented evidence. In the case of ESA, this evidence could be a "Fit Note"/Sick Note" with an new diagnosis on it.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129691 by bro58

Amonia wrote: I am already working on the ESA change of circumstances letter. I have a new diagnoses and 2 years worth of letters none of which ESA know about.

When writing the letter do you think I should explain detailed reason why I should be in the support group, give passed doctors letter and maybe a doctor letter saying I should not be in the WRAG(I already have this).

What is the best way to approach this? Ideally I want to avoid any ESA50, further medicals and appeals etc. I didn't see any information on your guides about change of circumstances so it's not clear what the best approach is here.

Thanks

Hi A,

Yes, tie in any medical evidence that you may have to the diagnosed medical conditions, then tie in any resulting limitations caused as a result of the medical conditions to any of the : The SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

You only have to fulfill "one" of the Activities/Descriptors to qualify for the SG.

If you can't fulfill at least one of the above, entrance to The SG can be gained via The Exceptional Circumstances Rules @ : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

It should be treated much the same as you would approach a new assessment or any reassessment.

Our : ESA Claims Guides are your best source of reference.

See also : Qualifying for the Support Group

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129692 by Gordon
Amonia

Just to add to Bro's advice.

In the same way that a Reconsideration or appeal can only look at your conditions as they were at or before the last Decision on your claim, a re-assessment following a Change of Circumstances will only look at your conditions as they are since the last Decision on your claim.

You don't say when you were last assessed, but if the "2 years worth of letters" pre date the last Decision they may well be excluded from consideration.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.