× Members

Worsening health

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129467 by robm
Worsening health was created by robm
please could one advise me as what l should do in relation to a worsening of my health l suffer from bladder problems as a result l have to wear pads as l have to pay for them lam only on the low rate of dla for care and mobility also suffer from chronic depression and panic attacks when l go out doors so what can l do to try to get the higher rate of dla for my worsening health conditions
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #129480 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Worsening health

robm wrote: please could one advise me as what l should do in relation to a worsening of my health l suffer from bladder problems as a result l have to wear pads as l have to pay for them lam only on the low rate of dla for care and mobility also suffer from chronic depression and panic attacks when l go out doors so what can l do to try to get the higher rate of dla for my worsening health conditions

There are two things you need to look at before going ahead.

First, are you in an active PIP postcode? If you are then notifying the DWP of a Change of Circumstances will result in you being transferred to PIP rather than your DLA being re-assessed. This may not be to your disadvantage, but you need to understand which benefit will be looked at. Have a look at the map on the following link to see whether you are affected.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Secondly, although your condition has deteriorated this does not mean that you will qualify for a higher award. So once you have an idea of what benefit you would be assessed under, you should have a look at the relevant claim guides to see whether you would meet the requirement for a higher award. See

DLA - www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

PIP - www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you think that you do, we recommend that you mark yourself harshly, the you should notify the DWP in writing of the change and request to be re-assessed.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 months ago #129553 by robm
Replied by robm on topic Worsening health
Hi Gordon many thanks for getting back my postcode is bh so it will be after October 2015 before one is asked to reapply for which it will be pip by then any more advice would be great

More
9 years 3 months ago #129575 by Gordon

robm wrote: Hi Gordon many thanks for getting back my postcode is bh so it will be after October 2015 before one is asked to reapply for which it will be pip by then any more advice would be great

Postcodes are being added on a regular basis, so you cannot assume it will be October that there will be a change, you need to check the map on a regular basis for updates.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 months ago #129654 by robm
Replied by robm on topic Worsening health
Hi again Gordon just also to let you know that l had an indefinite award for dla a few years back

More
9 years 3 months ago #129655 by Gordon

robm wrote: Hi again Gordon just also to let you know that l had an indefinite award for dla a few years back

Yes but we were talking about a Change of Circumstances not planned the transfer of your current DLA award to PIP after October :) :) :)

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.