× Members

DLA Do I need to inform them I have started work?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129475 by gangan
Good Morning.

I have just got a job working part time with flexible hours 16 hours a week, I will be self employed as a contractor.
I have telephoned the job centre and informed them and they have ended my ESA claim. I am going to inform Housing benefit, register with HMRC and apply for Working tax credits.

Do I also need to inform DLA ?

Anything else I should be doing?

Thanks for your help

Julian
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129485 by bro58

gangan wrote: Good Morning.

I have just got a job working part time with flexible hours 16 hours a week, I will be self employed as a contractor.
I have telephoned the job centre and informed them and they have ended my ESA claim. I am going to inform Housing benefit, register with HMRC and apply for Working tax credits.

Do I also need to inform DLA ?

Anything else I should be doing?

Thanks for your help

Julian

Hi gg,

Did you look into : Permitted Work before closing your ESA Claim ?

There is also a guide on permitted work on this page : ESA Claims Guides 5th Link down.

Just to make you aware that if things don't work out, there is a 12 week linking rule for ESA, wherein you can make a rapid reclaim for ESA if no more than 12 weeks have passed since the date that you closed your claim.

DLA is an "in work" benefit, so you do not really have to inform them.

The only problems that you may encounter by not informing them are if some nice person became aware that you were working, did not know the law, and reported you, or if any of the duties involved with the work were in direct contradiction to your stated limitations that gave you the DLA award.

I do hope things work out for you !! :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.