× Members

Face to Face home interviews

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129492 by Searcher
Face to Face home interviews was created by Searcher
I am have a F2F home interview on 18th Feb with ATOS! Given that they are surrendering the contract at the end of March, how do you think it will affect the assessment?
Also, who will process the results of my "chat"?
Any ideas, views gratefully received .
VonSerch
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129498 by
Replied by on topic Face to Face home interviews

Searcher wrote: I am have a F2F home interview on 18th Feb with ATOS! Given that they are surrendering the contract at the end of March, how do you think it will affect the assessment?
Also, who will process the results of my "chat"?
Any ideas, views gratefully received .
VonSerch

Hi S,

Looking back at your post : Here, it seems that your F2F is for PIP, not ESA.

Maximus are taking over medical services for ESA from ATOS in March, not PIP.

Even if it was for ESA, I don't think that ATOS will simply "hand the keys" to Maximus and "trot off" Maximus are taking ATOS staff over en-mass, and the software and regulations remain the same.

Further, it is The DWP ESA DM who makes the final decision.

You can read what to expect at a PIP F2F from page 64 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Best of luck and please let us know how you get on !! :)

bro58

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129541 by Searcher
Replied by Searcher on topic Face to Face home interviews
:woohoo: thanks but I'm even more confused now and just had DWP reschedule for Fri 20/2!
Just adds to the stress having to wait even longer. IVe got the guide, used it to fill in the form, so fingers crossed. Applied March 2014 , only taken a year, so no complaints there.....
Searcher lost satnav...

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129558 by
Replied by on topic Face to Face home interviews

Searcher wrote: :woohoo: thanks but I'm even more confused now and just had DWP reschedule for Fri 20/2!
Just adds to the stress having to wait even longer. IVe got the guide, used it to fill in the form, so fingers crossed. Applied March 2014 , only taken a year, so no complaints there.....
Searcher lost satnav...

Hi S,

It is not that unusual for ATOS to cancel or rearrange a F2F.

Worse case scenario, often seen, is that they just fail to show up on the day, or they sometimes show up early.

More can be read regarding ATOS PIP Consultations : Here.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #130010 by Searcher
Replied by Searcher on topic Face to Face home interviews
:( Hard ATOS F2F @ home this a.m. Despite thinking I was well prepared, I turned into a jibbering wreck. HCP was a former nurse but asked what CFS meant! With regards to aids, only interested in medical aids, anything I use to make life easier didn't seem to interest and asked if I really needed a dosette box! As far as I could see the report was hieroglyphic.
I emphasised that I could not reliably and regularly perform daily tasks. I also indicated that over time I have developed 'work rounds' to cope and that the PIP would assist in paying for care and treatment, since physio etc is not covered ny the NHS. A comment was made to people cutting down on to afford things needed. I live in a smart 2nd floor flat in a lovely area on the outskirts of London. Not cheap but I've been here 15 years. Did this skew the perception of the HCP? Who knows? I did my best but head was pounding (temporal neuralgia causing vertigo) and I am sure my anxiety caused me to omit loads. Took about 70 mins. Exhausting. Finger crossed. Searcher

More
9 years 2 months ago #130012 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to Face home interviews
Searcher

At least it is over with, decisions are taking 2-8 weeks at the moment.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Searcher

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.