× Members

No Medical

• Sorcha
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129493 by Sorcha
No Medical was created by Sorcha
I claimed PIP over 2 months ago for Bipolar and today received a letter saying they had all the information and reports they need about my condition but have yet to make a decision.

Does his mean I will have no have a medical assessment ? Does anyone else have any experience like thls? thanks in advance.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129499 by
Replied by on topic No Medical

Sorcha wrote: I claimed PIP over 2 months ago for Bipolar and today received a letter saying they had all the information and reports they need about my condition but have yet to make a decision.

Does his mean I will have no have a medical assessment ? Does anyone else have any experience like thls? thanks in advance.

Hi S,

Yes, we have heard from several members recently regarding the same.

It means that they have enough evidence to make a paper based decision, without the need of a face to face assessment.

Your file will now be with The DWP PIP Decision Maker (Case Manager) who will make the decision and inform you.

If you wish to obtain updates on your PIP Claim, you can ring The PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Please keep us updated, and good luck !!!

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

• Sorcha
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129529 by Sorcha
Replied by Sorcha on topic No Medical
I just called them and its still with the decision maker.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129544 by helsbelsx
Replied by helsbelsx on topic No Medical
I have just posted a similar post and am in the same position, I only applied by phone just over a month ago and mine is ready to be looked at by a decision maker when they receive a hard copy.
I suffer from depression, anxiety, fatigue and migraines and I know for definite one health professional I put on my form was contacted. They didn't write to me to let me know they had contacted anyone though.
Did you put health professionals down on your form? Maybe they were contacted and provided enough evidence. I also put on my form about being suicidal and self harming and that an medical interview would trigger thoughts about self harming and thinking life wasn't worth living, although saying that I did say I would be comfortable having a home visit so guess they had that option. Maybe they felt that it would be detrimental to my health and better to get info from professionals... could be the same in your case if its at all similar?
Hope you get some good news soon!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.