× Members

High Rate Mobility (DLA) and Mental Impairment

More
9 years 3 months ago #129642 by Puccalove
Can someone point me in the direction of detailed guidance regarding claiming the High Rate Mobility Component of DLA (for an adult) with no physical difficulties but severe mental impairment. (I've already read the advice in the guide.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #129649 by Gordon

Puccalove wrote: Can someone point me in the direction of detailed guidance regarding claiming the High Rate Mobility Component of DLA (for an adult) with no physical difficulties but severe mental impairment. (I've already read the advice in the guide.)

I would have a look at the Guidance for Examining Medical Practitioners document towards the bottom of the DLA page and the DLA and AA case law pack, 9th edition, June 2011 (mid page). pages 375 onwards and 385 onwards appear to be relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puccalove

• Katherine Walker
9 years 3 months ago #129840 by Katherine Walker
Replied by Katherine Walker on topic High Rate Mobility (DLA) and Mental Impairment
Hi I have just been succseful in winning an appeal for the high rate mobility for my Disabled son who is not physically disabled, I had to tell them everything as to why he should get it, ie he cannot cross the road alone,( danger) he cannot find his way home and would get lost, the onuse is to prove that he cannot be out alone for his own safety, and he behaves badly if confronted, that he went to a special school, they tried to say he had an normal school life? a special school is not a normal schooling, he has to be getting the higher rate of care, they asked if he needed restraingin? I said yes but not he way they think (Handcuffes) he needed to be led away which is still a form of restrain, they still refused, but I went on to a \appeal \tribunal and was able to explain a whole lot better, as I had asked for somebody with a knowledge of disabilities on the Panel, which there was
and I won so do not give up keep going tell them everything even if it hurts you to say some things, after all the things our young ones do everyday are the thinks we just put up with instead of saying
good luck :

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.