× Members

Occupational pension ESA Supp(CB)

More
9 years 2 months ago #129699 by Dart
Occupational pension ESA Supp(CB) was created by Dart
I have read on your (brilliant) site that an occupational pension can affect your Payment of ESA in the Support group (CB).
I am on DLA higher rate care, and lower rate mobility. My care went up from middle to higher in 2009. I hadn't been on IB because of my pension, approx £1250 monthly . However a very helpful JC+ worker instated it (backdated to 2009) in 2011 because of the higher rate care.
Was reassessed in sept. 2013 for ESA: support group(CB) without medical in a couple of weeks. After a month, I got a letter stating that I had informed them ( it must have been years ago) of an occupational pension of £310.94 (absolutely right in 2013) and saying "according to our records the amount you get from your occupational pension is due to increase. If you can supply the new details please tell us within 2 weeks." ( and if you can't please fill in form giving DWP permission to contact the pension providers). My support worker confirmed the amount, and stated it increased yearly from inflation by letter. I haven't heard anything since and am being paid £216.30 fortnightly.Is there a problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129705 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Occupational pension ESA Supp(CB)
Dart

First a correction, a lot of our members seem to make this mistake, being in the Support Group has nothing to do with what deductions can be made from your ESA, it is the type of ESA you are receiving that determines that determines this.

You should confirm the following with the DWP to avoid any confusion in the future, if possible in writing.

As you were previously receiving IB and DLA HRC your pension would have been disregarded at that time, I believe this is why you were able to receive IB in 2009 when you had previously been unable to, this disregard is carried forward into ESA and therefore your pension should continue to be disregarded.

We have seen the DWP querying this with a lot of members, as it would appear that the record keeping for IB was less than complete and this information appears not to have been available to the DWP when transferring IB claimants to ESA.

I hope this explain it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #129761 by Dart
Replied by Dart on topic Occupational pension ESA Supp(CB)
thanks Gordon for your explanation and advice.

dart

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.