× Members

JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE

More
9 years 2 months ago #129717 by beth18
JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE was created by beth18
Hi, could anyone tell me how it can work to do casual work whilst on JSA? In an effort to find work, I've been offered casual work - unpredictable hours, could be no hours a week, could be many, no choice - and have accepted as it may lead to more sustained regular work. I know there is a ceiling of 16 hours, but this doesn,t 'fit' into a tick box, and if I lose JSA, I may well also lose my home as would be unable to unable to pay the rent if I lost housing benefit also. Also, how much of what you earn are you allowed to keep? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129770 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE

Elizabeth wrote: Hi, could anyone tell me how it can work to do casual work whilst on JSA? In an effort to find work, I've been offered casual work - unpredictable hours, could be no hours a week, could be many, no choice - and have accepted as it may lead to more sustained regular work. I know there is a ceiling of 16 hours, but this doesn,t 'fit' into a tick box, and if I lose JSA, I may well also lose my home as would be unable to unable to pay the rent if I lost housing benefit also. Also, how much of what you earn are you allowed to keep? Thanks

I am sorry but we do not advise on JSA on the forum, from what I understand any income from your working will normally be deducted from your JSA, you should speak to your JC+ advisor about what you want to do before proceeding.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.