× Members

Phone chat before home visit. is this normal?

More
9 years 2 months ago #129719 by chewbacca
Good Morning
I have received a phone call today who booked a phone chat before a visit to home from capita, is this normal?
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129720 by chewbacca
Replied by chewbacca on topic Phone chat before home visit. is this normal?
Good Morning

I have capita coming for a home visit, but got a call today for a telephone interview prior to home visit.
Is this normal?

Thank you in advance.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129734 by bro58
Hi c,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I have merged your duplicate posts.

Yes, we have heard from several members where they have received a phone consultation as a percurser to a Home Assessment.

They sometimes do this to gain extra information to aid The Assessor.

You can read what to expect at your PIP Assessment from Page 64 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Feedback regarding Capita Assessors is pretty positive on the whole.

Good luck and please keep us updated.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #129760 by chewbacca
After having kept my house phone and mobile free for 2 hrs I have not received a call yet.
Am beginning to doubt anyone will show up for the home visit this Thursday.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129971 by chewbacca
I had my home visit today which only lasted around 20 mins. The few questions that were asked were already covered in the original PIP application and from how I saw it it felt as they were checking if what I answered was the same as what I had written. She just then asked me to see how much I can lift my legs and bend my back.
Just before leaving she said I should hear from DWP within the 2-8 weeks.
I thought I would update my experience just in case anyone else is worried about their visit/assessment/medical/chat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.