× Members

ESA Appeal - left it very late

• Jason Parvin
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129721 by Jason Parvin
ESA Appeal - left it very late was created by Jason Parvin
My Mandatory Reconsideration notice was dated 21st January 2015. So I now have 7 days to submit my appeal. I will probably need to send it in 4 or 5 days to make sure that it gets there on time.

Can you suggest any assistance I can get with my appeal in such a short space of time? I went to the CAB yesterday, but they are sufficiently busy so wouldn't be able to help me in time. I've read most of the guides that you provide, which are great, but it would be useful to get someone to look at my appeal before I submit it.

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129735 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Appeal - left it very late
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Do not miss your one month deadline to submit your SSCS1 Form to The Tribunal Service (TS) if you have not yet gained assistance.

You can submit your Appeal to protect your legal rights, informing The TS that you are attempting to attain professional help, and will provide contact details if/when you do so.

Sending Documents to the DWP or The TS

There are potential sources below :

Where to get advice

AGE UK. can be very helpful for over 50's.

Failing the above, put Welfare Rights/Advice for your Town/Postcode into Google.

Some Local Authorities have Welfare Rights Dept, as do some Housing Associations if you are one of their tenants.

In case you haven't already read it, there is ESA Appeals Guidance : Here.

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.