× Members

Cannot tick boxes on PIP form

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129723 by TCP
Cannot tick boxes on PIP form was created by TCP
Hi everyone

I am currently filling in my very cleverly crafted PIP form and I am frustrated as I cannot answer some of the questions with the 'tick box' system. For example I do not and cannot do any food prep or cooking my carer does this for me, but Q3 doesn't give me the chance to say that I don't/can't cook and merely wants me to tick either 'yes', 'no' and 'sometimes' to to 'preparing food', 'cooking food' and 'help from another person' questions.

Any clues as to what I should do?

Many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129736 by
Replied by on topic Cannot tick boxes on PIP form

TCP wrote: Hi everyone

I am currently filling in my very cleverly crafted PIP form and I am frustrated as I cannot answer some of the questions with the 'tick box' system. For example I do not and cannot do any food prep or cooking my carer does this for me, but Q3 doesn't give me the chance to say that I don't/can't cook and merely wants me to tick either 'yes', 'no' and 'sometimes' to to 'preparing food', 'cooking food' and 'help from another person' questions.

Any clues as to what I should do?

Many thanks

Hi TCP,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Do not let yourself be constrained by the "Tick Box" options of the form.

If you feel that non of the available options are applicable to you personally, write "Tick Box options not applicable, please see comments below". (Or on added A4 page)

Then write your own comments in the text box below and/or on an added A4 typed pages that you can then refer to.

Put your Name, DOB, NI Number on any added pages and number them 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, etc, etc.

You can then refer to the numbered paged at the individual question within the form.

The same goes for all of the questions.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #129769 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Cannot tick boxes on PIP form
Thanks so much for your reply. This has been the hardest form I have ever filled in. Very tricky!

Kind regards

TCP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.