× Members

Am puzzled

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129724 by GrannyL
Am puzzled was created by GrannyL
:huh:

At the moment I am in receipt of ESA and lowest rate DLA. Today I found out that I have been awarded the enhanced rate of DLA and Mobility. Do I now have to re apply for ESA, Income Support or something like this, otherwise if this is taken away I will have less money than before to live on? Confused!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129739 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Am puzzled

GrannyL wrote: :huh:

At the moment I am in receipt of ESA and lowest rate DLA. Today I found out that I have been awarded the enhanced rate of DLA and Mobility. Do I now have to re apply for ESA, Income Support or something like this, otherwise if this is taken away I will have less money than before to live on? Confused!

Hi GL,

Congratulations on The Enhanced Daily Living and Mobility PIP Awards !!! :cheer:

The PIP Awards will have no adverse effects on your ESA, in fact you may now receive extra ESA Premiums on top of your existing ESA payments :

ESA Premiums

PIP & ESA are two totally separate "Benefits" and you can receive both.

Your PIP will not be classed as "Household Income" with respect to the Income Related (IR) ESA means test either :

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you think that you may be entitled to payment of any of The ESA Premiums on top of your current ESA payments, you should contact ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

They may need to capture details of your personal/financial situation. This could be done by either filling in an : IS10 Form, or an ESA 3 Form. : Sample ESA 3 Form

This has nothing to do with what group of ESA you are in, and is to see whether you have entitlement to payment of IR ESA Premiums.

It may help, if you send a copy of your PIP Decision Notice letter with any form that you may have to fill in :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.