× Members

Different code on bank statement

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129727 by Jasmine3234
Different code on bank statement was created by Jasmine3234
Hi I receive ESA Support Group benefit.

When I looked at my bank statement I noticed that, although the same amount of money was paid in, it has DWP JSA then a long number, rather than just DWP EESA.

I should have been due to reapply in Dec 2014 but have heard nothing and presumed this was down to a backlog?

Have you heard about this from anyone else? Obviously I'm very worried and cant contact them until Monday. I was re-granted DLA high rate care and mobility in Dec 2014 also, though I know this doesn't really have anything to do with ESA.

If anyone can advise I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129743 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Different code on bank statement

Jasmine3234 wrote: Hi I receive ESA Support Group benefit.

When I looked at my bank statement I noticed that, although the same amount of money was paid in, it has DWP JSA then a long number, rather than just DWP EESA.

I should have been due to reapply in Dec 2014 but have heard nothing and presumed this was down to a backlog?

Have you heard about this from anyone else? Obviously I'm very worried and cant contact them until Monday. I was re-granted DLA high rate care and mobility in Dec 2014 also, though I know this doesn't really have anything to do with ESA.

If anyone can advise I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Hi J3234,

We sometimes see this when the DWP have been into your ESA file for some reason.

ESA does not actually have its own payment system and is piggybacked onto the JSA payment system.

So when ESA payments are interrupted by a DWP worker accessing your file, or for some other reason, it is restarted manually on the JSA payment system.

As long as your money is correct, I wouldn't worry. The Payee Ref should revert back to EESA in the coming weeks.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.