× Members

esa and dla

• pjd
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129738 by pjd
esa and dla was created by pjd
Hi, I read previously that the mental aspects of physical health problems are not relevant on the ESA form, is that still correct? The reason I ask is I have severe m.e. and fibro, amongst other conditions and suffer from a worsening bad memory loss, confusion and forgetfulness. I have recently had memory tests done at home to assess me for dementia/Alzheimer's and although they don't think it is that at this point in time, they have said that I have significant memory impairment problems possibly due to my m.e. and fibro.

Would think be something I should put on the ESA form in the mental section or leave out as its part of my m.e. etc.?

I hope I've explained myself OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129776 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa and dla
PJD

A change to the ESA Regulations in January 2013 separated the physical and mental health sections of the ESA tests, however, many physical problems result in mental health issues as well, for example depression is a common issue suffered by ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia suffers.

The bottom line is that you have nothing to lose by detailing the problems you have in the mental health section of the ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pjd
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129777 by pjd
Replied by pjd on topic esa and dla
Thanks Gordon, do you think its worthwhile getting a letter from the memory assessment people stating that I suffer from significant memory impairment and its affect on my health and safely in and around the home or is it not worth it?.

Pj

More
9 years 2 months ago #129784 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa and dla

pjd wrote: Thanks Gordon, do you think its worthwhile getting a letter from the memory assessment people stating that I suffer from significant memory impairment and its affect on my health and safely in and around the home or is it not worth it?.

Pj

Anything that supports what you are saying in regard to the mental health descriptors can only help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.