× Members

Esa payment

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129747 by swimming
Esa payment was created by swimming
Hi I have been on esa support group for years, I was allways on contribute based, I have just recieved a letter stating how they have worked it out. Is this right as my hubby works, which they allready know, so hear goes this is what they have said
The payment of esa is based on your national insurance contribution records and any additional the law says you need to live on
Living expenses for you and your partner £114.85
Extra money because of disablety income guarantee £22.60
Limited capability for work addition
Extra money cause in support group £36.20
Which gives a total income_ related amount £173.65
Income and benefit for your household £1.82
The amout they paying is £171.83
Is this right
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129749 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Esa payment

swimming wrote: Hi I have been on esa support group for years, I was allways on contribute based, I have just recieved a letter stating how they have worked it out. Is this right as my hubby works, which they allready know, so hear goes this is what they have said
The payment of esa is based on your national insurance contribution records and any additional the law says you need to live on
Living expenses for you and your partner £114.85
Extra money because of disablety income guarantee £22.60
Limited capability for work addition
Extra money cause in support group £36.20
Which gives a total income_ related amount £173.65
Income and benefit for your household £1.82
The amout they paying is £171.83
Is this right

Hi s,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

This looks like the annual benefit uprating letter that claimants receive this time of year, as the rates that you are quoting do not come into force until 06/04/15.

If your husband works, there does appear to be something amiss :

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

The rates quoted are as if you were claiming for your husband as a couple, and includes Income Related (IR) ESA top-ups.

£114.85 is the rate for a couple of over 18 years old

"Extra money because of disability income guarantee £22.60" is the couple rate of the Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) which you would be entitled to for being in The Support Group. (SG)

This can only be paid if you have entitlement to IR ESA payments.

"Extra money cause in support group £36.20" this is the SG Component Addition that all members of The SG receive, whether it be CB ESA or IR ESA.

So they are stating that your applicable weekly entitlement is £173.65, but you have another applicable income of £1.82/Week.

Therefore, £173.65 - £1.82 = a weekly entitlement to payment of £171.83/Week.

If this is purely your own claim, you are entitled to CB ESA only in The SG as hubby works, then as from 06/04/14 your weekly entitlement to payment of CB ESA in The SG should be :

ESA Personal Allowance for a single over 25 = £73.10/Week.

Support Group Component Addition = £36.20/Week

Total Weekly CB ESA = £109.30/Week

If you have no IR ESA entitlement, you need to contact ESA ASAP and inform them of the error.

You can contact them by phone, but I recommend that you back this up with a letter where you could also provide a copy of the Benefit Uprating Letter.

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

The new benefit rates applicable from 06/04/15 can be seen : Here.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129751 by swimming
Replied by swimming on topic Esa payment
Hiya bro yes that what I thought, my hubby earns 17745 and earns after tax 14820 take home pay would we be able to claim on low earning, see in 2014 he had major surgery and was off work for 18 months, he had to claim esa for a couple of months after his boss coundnt pay him any more, I am wondering whether they have taken that into account and come up with this . What you think thanks again

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129758 by bro58

swimming wrote: Hiya bro yes that what I thought, my hubby earns 17745 and earns after tax 14820 take home pay would we be able to claim on low earning, see in 2014 he had major surgery and was off work for 18 months, he had to claim esa for a couple of months after his boss coundnt pay him any more, I am wondering whether they have taken that into account and come up with this . What you think thanks again

Hi s,

If your husband/partner works more than 24 hours/week, you cannot receive payment of any IR ESA.

You really need to contact ESA to cover yourself.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129785 by swimming
Replied by swimming on topic Esa payment
Hibro I have rang them they saidits just a letter I wont be getting that much money, they said its just the way the computer azprinted it out, itwould of been nice for them to admit they made a mistake, but she said they hadn't, great itsnice when your honest, and tell them, and still dont take the blame , butit sorted now hopefully thanks bro

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129788 by bro58

swimming wrote: Hibro I have rang them they saidits just a letter I wont be getting that much money, they said its just the way the computer azprinted it out, itwould of been nice for them to admit they made a mistake, but she said they hadn't, great itsnice when your honest, and tell them, and still dont take the blame , butit sorted now hopefully thanks bro

Hi s,

I would keep the letter safe, and keep an eye on your ESA payments from around 06/04/15.

If you see that you are receiving too much, I would contact ESA ASAP in writing.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.