× Members

E.S.A change over i am on both rates

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129752 by patman
E.S.A change over i am on both rates was created by patman
Hi
Just received my letter from D.W.P from the change over from income support with some severe disablement allowance now changed to E.S.A, their letter says i am entitled to both contribution based and income related employment and support allowance?, I am a little confused about, how can i be getting both income and contribution? can any one please advice? I have been placed in the support group,also as there is NO time limit for how long it has been awarded,for can i phone the D.W.P ask the D.W.P how long long award is for? and or how many points i scored, or will this be rocking the boat? I did not attend any medical and they did not write to my G.P, I puts lots of evidence in with the form and they have just taken the evidence form the form it would seem likes, any help/advice would be great thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129764 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic E.S.A change over i am on both rates

patman wrote: Hi
Just received my letter from D.W.P from the change over from income support with some severe disablement allowance now changed to E.S.A, their letter says i am entitled to both contribution based and income related employment and support allowance?, I am a little confused about, how can i be getting both income and contribution? can any one please advice? I have been placed in the support group,also as there is NO time limit for how long it has been awarded,for can i phone the D.W.P ask the D.W.P how long long award is for? and or how many points i scored, or will this be rocking the boat? I did not attend any medical and they did not write to my G.P, I puts lots of evidence in with the form and they have just taken the evidence form the form it would seem likes, any help/advice would be great thanks

Hi pm,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Congratulations on being placed into The SG !! :cheer:

As you were previously in receipt of SDA, you would be entitled to Contribution Based (CB) ESA on transfer.

As you were also entitled to Income Support (IS) on top of your SDA, the IS would be replaced by Income Related (IR) ESA on transfer.

Hence, you will receive CB ESA with IR ESA top-ups.

Being entitled to payment of IR ESA passports you to the same "benefits" as IS, i.e. HB, CTS, frees prescriptions and dental care, etc.

You are covered by Transitional Protection on being transferred. Therefore you can receive no less, although you may receive more than you were being paid prior to transfer.

See : What will I be transferred to?

&

What will I be paid?

From our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

See also : ESA FAQ’s

Regarding your other query on how long it should be before you are reassessed, have a read through : This Post.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.