× Members

Medical

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129753 by marymiated
Medical was created by marymiated
Hi all,

My husband has just received a letter from Atos to advise him he has to attend a medical in 10 days in the next town 10 miles away.

This would be distressing for him to say the least because of his many health problems.
Would it be possible to have a home assessment ?

I have looked for info in the guides but I admit I got a little lost with the amount of information about everything (which is good :) )

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #129765 by
Replied by on topic Medical

Mia wrote: Hi all,

My husband has just received a letter from Atos to advise him he has to attend a medical in 10 days in the next town 10 miles away.

This would be distressing for him to say the least because of his many health problems.
Would it be possible to have a home assessment ?

I have looked for info in the guides but I admit I got a little lost with the amount of information about everything (which is good :) )

Thanks in advance

Hi M,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You don't say whether the "Medical" is for PIP or ESA ?

In either scenario, you would have to contact ATOS :

PIP & WCA (ESA) Contact Details to the right of : This Page.

To gain a Home Assessment, ATOS would probably insist that you obtained written support for this from your G.P., and that the G.P. Faxed it directly to them.

Traveling time to and from the Assessment should not exceed 90 minutes either way this time should be assessed as if you are using Public Transport, and involve all/any legs of the journey.

You can rearrange a PIP/ESA Assessment once, but if you do this, you would have to ensure that the rearranged appointment was attended, or risk your claim being closed.

For ESA, see : ESA Medical – What to expect

For PIP, see Page 64 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

If you are to arrange, I would recommend that you obtain written confirmation by letter/e-mail to ensure that you have a paper trail.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #130001 by marymiated
Replied by marymiated on topic Medical
Thanks bro58 :)

I wanted thank you for your reply as I found the guides you mentioned.

It was for an ESA medical and you were spot on with your answer.

I telephoned Atos, who asked for a GP letter giving full medical evidence of hubbys' condition and why he couldn't attend a medical assessment.
They also asked for it be faxed directly to them, and wanted us to ring them see if they had received the fax.

We did this and I spoke to them this morning, and the decision maker has apparently said that 'no further action' needs to be taken on this case as my husband doesn't require a medical or a home assessment either :)

His details are to be sent back to the Department of Works and Pensions detailing this.

We are both relieved with this outcome, and wanted to let you all know that if you give enough evidence then a medical and/or a home assessment may not be necessary.

Thanks for your support, it is greatly appreciated, thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 2 months ago #130005 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical
DA0

Glad to hear you got this sorted, you cannot be found Fit for Work without attending a face to face assessment, so it is a good start.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.